Monday, March 26, 2018

Christ Is Risen







Hallelujah, Christ is Risen!


When I was approached to write a post for this blog, I admit being a bit out of my element. However, it is hard to run out of things to say about the Lord being risen!

Looking back to 6 years ago before I was in church, I knew there was more to life than what I was living. In fact, I remember a Christian being on campus shouting something about avoiding Hell. At the time, I thought it was hilarious that some weirdo thought anyone on campus cared what he said! The fact that I remember this moment 6 years later tells me a couple things: I actually didn't like the idea of being condemned to hell, but some dude shouting on the sidewalk didn't compel me to seek salvation either. What did compel me to come was a miracle moment and the friendship of a Holy Ghost-filled believer.

Everyone runs into this kind of a moment where they look down and realize they are wearing grave clothes, chained to things of this world that will pass away. Our souls cry out to Jesus no matter our current state of salvation, and Easter is the perfect time to be bold in the spirit and reach out. A seed could be planted, watered, fed, or saved for Easter 2018! However, the person next to you may never know you were thinking about them on a spiritual level if you don't reach out.

So here is my action point for us: be brave for at least three seconds and ask someone if they'd want to come to Easter service with you. Even if 99 people say no, 1 soul coming to repentance is worthy to rejoice and praise the risen King. God bless!

Written By : Tami Hulbert

1 comment: