Friday, September 29, 2017

And He Shall Be Like A Tree

"And he shall be like a tree…”


"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
Psalms 1:3 KJV

I was using my phone screen to give off a soft light in the early morning hours, needing to be dressed for my morning run without waking my husband. My screen kept timing out. I thought to open my Bible app to keep the light shining longer. My finger must have touched verses I had highlighted in my moments of devotion. One in particular popped up on my screen- Psalms 1:3. This scripture has a special meaning to me because I had prayed for God to give one word at the beginning of the year that would be my focus of change for the new year. Tree was the word He had spoken to my heart. I searched scriptures that would back up my word and this one jumped out at me. I admit time has taken control of my mind and I haven't thought about this scripture in a couple months. However, I would like to think that in the hustle of my morning, He wanted to remind me of my special word and what it means to me. To be a tree that is planted by the waters means to be rooted, growing, by a continuous source of life. A tree may go through rough seasons that could be deadly, but it stands firm and plugged into that source that gives it constant nourishment. Our focus through the messages delivered by Pastor Tibbs has been on prayer and staying connected to God so that we can bring forth fruits of the spirit. Love, peace, joy, longsuffering....some of these may come easier than others, but through Him we'll flourish to our full potential as long as we continue to stay planted by rivers of living water.

-Submitted By Darla Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment