Thursday, June 22, 2017

Our Father's Love

 Our Father's Love

If we then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:11

 

Fathers and daughters have a special love. We sometimes are called, "daddy's girl." I can remember combing my dad's hair as he lay on the sofa stretched out. I remember the times I would go on his job route to customers and he would introduce me as his daughter, Jeannie.

Sorrow came into my life at an early age. Dad wasn't always around. He did not always serve Jesus. When I was 13, our family fell apart. Mom moved out and my sister and I lived with dad and Grandma. Dad still loved us, but we were not a family. Thank God by now we were regularly attending church. I was baptized and had the Holy Ghost (a gift given to me by my Heavenly Father). It truly made a difference! I was still loved!

My dad was not a part of my life for several years when he remarried. His new family came first. I chose to live with Mom until Bible School in St. Paul. My Heavenly Father had by this time given me a precious gift, the love of my step dad, Ollie Slagle. He played a large role during my teen years and early adult life. We would talk about Jesus. He loaned me money to buy my first computer. He taught me responsibility. Dad Slagle also taught me to have faith, to believe. We had a great father/daughter relationship for many years. My Heavenly Father had given me a precious gift! When Dad Slagle passed away, my dad came into my life again. We had two and a half good years together until he passed. When I look back on my life, I realize I was privileged to have the love of three fathers! What I had viewed as a sorrow had turned into gifts from above!

Sorrow and tragedy will happen to all of us. Look for the Father's Love in all things. When you do, you will find it.
 

 -Written By Jeannie Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment